It’s Tuesday again. I know, I was surprised too. Keely told me though, so I know it is true.
* I am still waiting for the approval to have my “Collapsed Nasal Valves” fixed. So, the Gnome has not left yet and he is still quite comfy.
* We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs the other night. The kids all want to have a spaghetti tornado. Not one of them eats spaghetti so I don’t have any idea why they would want this. But they do.
* Fighting with my girls is my least favorite past time. I hate it so much that usually, when I have to talk to them about something it is written all over my face. They know I am going to talk to them even before I open my mouth. I think I like it that way.
It’s Tuesday again. And I am finally feeling a little like myself again. So, stick around and read some randomness, then head over to see Keely. She will appreciate you.
* Hot dogs are apparently out to get us. They can kill teenagers if you aren’t careful. I say we ban them from the planet and feel them to our enemies!
* The Gnome in my sinuses if finally getting his eviction notice. But, you know how the court systems work, they still have to give him time to appeal and get an attorney. Personally, I hope the little jerk is broke!
* I found that one thing that all three of the kids will eat. Tortillas. I called them my little tortilla bandits. Bear admonished me for complaining that they ate something.
* The other night, we heard someone in the house while we were in bed. Bear listen for a few minutes and the noise stopped. He went down stairs, to investigate. No one was there. We have been invaded by ninjas!!
It’s Tuesday again. Grab a badge, share some snarky and go see Keely. Unless you want her to use her mad ninja skills and hunt you down.
* Did you know that celebrities are way more important than we are? No? Well, read the news.
* The Tyrant was watching her sisters act like fools the other day. She placed her head in her palm and shook her head. With a big sigh, she said, “I MUST be adopted.”
Sorry, kid, you are not… and you are stuck with them.
* I made deal with the Mother Hen. Good grades = Supernatural on DVD. She then asked me how long she had to have the good grades before she got them…
WickedStepMom: For the semester.
Mother Hen: Crap!
* The Show came to me at 8:15pm at Saturday…
The Show: Can drive me to my friend’s house?
The Show: Now?
WickedStepMom: Are you insane?
The Show: What?
WickedStepMom: I am not driving you a 1/2 hour to pick you up 15 minutes later.
The Show: Well, yeah, I was hoping you would let me stay out until midnight.
WickedStepMom: (sighs, nods) Yeah, I thought so. You are completely insane…
The Show: (Stomps off in a huff.)
If you are long time reader, you probably already know about the famous food wars in our house. I have never found a meal that all Tribe members have liked. But, I think I finally found something that may work, for at least a few weeks.
The Tyrant is by far our choosiest (pickiest…) eater. But she loves tacos. So, when I made tacos last weekend, (which by the way, The Show hates…) I took the left overs and put some pre-made tacos in freezer bags. They are officially Emergancy-Tyrant-Meals. Do you think there is a market for it?
It is Tuesday. Its time for more random thoughts and purging the mental sludge that has been rolling around my brain all week. Thank goodness Keely thought of this. Otherwise, I would have to torture Bear will all my bloggy fragments.
* Pizza topping are worth fighitng for in our house. If you are not careful, you will end up with a whole pizza with mushrooms and pinapple. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy pinapple. However, mushrooms just aren’t my thing. And really, there are two members of the Tribe that eat them, everyone else pretty much screams “Eww” like a girl. (No, Bear does not like mushrooms either…)
* I made some pork in the crockpot over the weekend. I added cream of mushroom soup, some garlic and a few other things. Bear and I thought it smelled delicious. Everyone else in the house gagged. (Even the mushroom eaters.) Turns out the dish smelled very similar to a dish they had eaten before and absolutely hated. And if you have been reading here for a while, you know dinner time is very dramatic for us. It was worse than normal. Mushrooms are officially banned from the house.
* My sinuses have slowly been getting better. I haven’t had any nose bleeds in a few weeks and I am having fewer problems over all. Hopefully, I will be able to skip surgery.
* Cheer season is coming to an end for The Show. She is going to have a competition soon and is hoping to make the football sideline cheer team in the fall. She has really thrived on the sport. She loved gymnastics when she was younger and now she gets to combine that with her bubbly personality and shout a lot. This really is a great thing for her. I hope she can stick with it!
* I was having a really rough day yesterday. I am feeling better now. Bear is always great about making me feel better. This time, The Mother Hen helped out too. Its a wonderful feeling to know that you belong and that people care.
* The Tyrant asked me to issue a warning to call teenage girls out there. Were-boyfriends are on the loose everywhere. If they bite you, you turn into one. So please, protect your necks!
It’s that time again. It is time to get all of your randomness, spew it out in some sort of coherent sentences and send it to Keely. She will probably not love and treasure it but she will atleast let you put your site in Mr. Linky, who will love you no matter what you did last night.
* The Wii Fit finally yelled at Bear! It said to him yesterday, “Have you seen [The Mother Hen] around? Per haps you should pay more attention to her.” I laughed until I cried.
* The Tyrant has said on numerous occasions that people “rub things in her face.” While I believed her, I never actually witnessed it happening until this weekend. The scene is my aunt’s driveway. The issue, both The Mother Hen and The Tyrant want to ride in the front seat.
The Mother Hen: Move, [The Tyrant], I am riding in front.
The Tyrant: It’s my turn.
The Mother Hen: I will get squished.
WickedStepMom: Both of you just get in the car.
The Tyrant gets in the back.
The Mother Hen: Ha! See, I told you! You are too, young and I will get squished.
WickedStepMom: Don’t worry, [The Tyrant], she has no problem sitting back there with her boyfriend. She will not sure this excuse again. Also, when we get home, The Mother Hen and I are going to have a little chat.
The Tyrant: Okay, [WickedStepMom], I know you will fix it. Thanks.
The Tyrant knew that her sister was going to get into trouble but didn’t taunt her about it. Part of me expected her to, especially after the way she was taunted. I am very proud of her for the way that she handled it.
* The Tyrant and The Show have been competing on the Wii Fit. It’s pretty funny to watch them both fight for a high score. About once a day, The Tyrant will shout and jump up and down yelling, “I won! I won!” Considering that there is a 4 year age difference this is a pretty big deal. The Show always congratulates her.
Keely, the zombie executioner, is not a slacker. I, however, am a huge slacker. I hope that my lethargy lately has not caused her to think I am a zombie.
* I am not sure what has gone on lately, but I have been in a writing slump. I have read other blogs and can think of nothing good, intelligent or funny to say. I almost feel like I should at least comment something like “WickedStepMom was here. She just can’t think of what to write today.” Then people would know that I stopped by. But, I would have to leave that same comment over and over. So, people would really start having a problem with me. ::sigh: Anyone have any ideas to get me out of the commentary slump?
* The wii fit and I are back to going steady. He is just really mouthly. The other day, I was trying a yoga pose (which I am not very good at because my balance stinks), and it says “You are pretty shaky! It’s hard to get the correct pose if your core muscles need work!” I just rolled my eyes and continued to try to keep my balance so I would not brain myself on the basement floor.
* My new ENT has been really wonderful. He is using the aggressive approach against my sinus gnome. He made me a special mix of nasal steroids that make my throat burn but the sinus gnome disappear.
* The Tribe has had a few ups and downs lately. I think it is partly because the holiday season is over and we are all back to a normal schedule. And there are no more presents to open. Settling back into the routine has been a little harder than normal. I am hoping that we all get back to ourselves soon.
* Two out of three of our girls are dating. I keep saying boys are icky but they don’t believe me. So, I am thinking that there may be ice cream and hugs in the near future for one of them. I just hope that the one left not dating doesn’t feel bad or feel left out.
* It is truly sad when our society is feeling so horrible about itself, that people have to literally get lost in a movie. We watched Avatar and thought the movie was pretty good. We were entertained and we left the theater after having a good time. To us, it was just another movie. But, I really think it says something about our world today when people out there honestly are having depression symptoms because they can not leave in a fantasy world. It says that we are doing something very wrong.
The Show: “You owe me a penny! You bet me that there is no Sweet Home Alabama in this song.”
The Mother Hen: “No, I said that this song is not named Sweet Home Alabama.”
The Show: “You did not! You owe me a penny!”
The Tyrant: “Look, I will give you both a penny if you be quiet.”
I think I need to seriously consider hiring a gnome exterminator. Maybe Keely will know of a good one. I mean, she does fight those mice so well.
* I get so tired of people who don’t really give a damn asking me if I am feeling okay. “My eyes are swollen, my nose is backed up and I am coughing up a lung.. I feel great, thanks for asking!” I know you are only asking because you don’t want to catch anything, but I assure you, this nose issue is all mine… And no you will not catch it by talking to me from across the room, jerk!
* I should tell you all that I have been informed by the proper authorities that this holiday season is not about peace on Earth and happiness. It is about Nintendo DSs. And those words have been uttered so many times in my house, I want to threaten that if they don’t play with their DSs 24×7 that they will be grounded from everything else. Including dinner… Not that I won’t feed them, just they will have to eat at a different table so that I don’t have to hear Nintendo DS anymore! (Sorry, got a little ranty there.)
* The Mother Hen and I can bond just about anytime over anything. Yesterday, I found out that if you bond with your teenaged daughter by making disparaging comments about stars of reality TV, you are going directly to Hades. ::sigh:: At least we will be in good company.
* Did you know it is possible to get a kid to disolve into tears by playing Christmas Carols on the radio?… Neither did I.
* I was listening to the radio the other day, they were listing off some major events of the last few decades… Here is what they listed.
- Celebriy deaths
- Tiger Woods’ scandal
And I thought to myself… REALLY? What about 9-11, the first non-white president, wars, same-sex marriage, the list goes on… But the most important things revolve around celebrities. What is our world coming to?
The Mother Hen: [WickedStepMom] you have to decorate cookies with us. You can’t leave that plate sitting over there with a bunch of naked cookies!
WickedStepMom: I made the cookies for your guys to decorate…
The Show: Yeah, but now, there are four plates, and we can’t have a plate of nudist cookies. It’s just not right! My entire holiday will be ruined because you have left the cookies naked!
The Tyrant: Yeah, I mean, you will get our cookies arrested and they will have to spend the night in cookie jail. I don’t want to eat jail-bird cookies!
The Tyrant than hurried to get the cookies dressed…